We shot this little piece for Mt. Hood Meadows to promote safety on the slopes. Happy 50th Anniversary to Your Responsibility Code! What started out as the Skier’s Responsibility Code has became Your Responsibility Code to include all snowsports.
As you know, the seven tenants of Your Responsibility Code are:
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Know the code, it is your responsibility.